Sunday 20 November 2011

Final Post "The ends not near, it's here"

My final blog is in video format. It will focus on my significant insights on writing this blog, my personal goals over the last 8 weeks in reference to my technique and finally how I will use this knowledge in the future.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2dXS6kwwCY - My Final Blog


As dancers we are often asked many questions, Can you feel which muscle your using? Do you know what count this arm movement goes on? Are you using your breath? The list is endless...however over the last the few weeks I have been able to answer the questions relating to this blog.
Although not each post is formatted in that way I have talked about my embodied learning during my technique classes. This blog has taught me to reflect back over the last few weeks and notice my strengths and weaknesses and answer questions I have never really considered before, such as How did the class make you feel? or What can you improve on? I encourage other upcoming artists or practitioners to choose the way of learning about themselves as I feel like I have learnt more about my body than I have in all the years of dance training that I have had in the previous years.

No comments:

Post a Comment