Thursday 27 October 2011

Rebekah's technique class - Jump Phrase&Exercise on 6




This video is a demonstration of the jump phrase and the end of Rebekah’s technique class. The video highlights my weakness of losing my balance and my very weak grand jete. I would like to work on getting my legs higher on the leap and jumping through the space, allowing my arms to float up with me.

Exercise on six, is a short floor phrase completed in six counts. Each count represents a set position with the use of the back. The exercise includes a contraction in the centre from flat back. It also includes a back stretch with the support of the ankles. The count I most struggle with is count 4, which is is the back stretch supported by the ankles as you can see from the video. The reason I think I struggle the most with this is because for the duration of the whole exercise your hands are set to hold the ankles, and due to the shortness of my arms I struggle to hold on without releasing. I am determined for my flexibility to improve throughout the weeks to come so this particular movement becomes easier as my back will become more released to support this action.

No comments:

Post a Comment